Crook County Sheriff - Civil Records

The Civil Division is responsible for processing, preparing, serving and enforcing court orders and a variety of other documents issued by the courts.  Examples of civil papers include:  small claims, notices, evictions, civil subpoenas, writs of garnishments, restraining orders and foreclosures of real or personal property as ordered by the courts.  The Civil Division also processes and serves criminal subpoenas for the District Attorney and the Juvenile Department.

Civil Division staff is trained in civil process to ensure that all court orders are processed in accordance with Oregon law and the Oregon Rules of Civil Procedure.  After ensuring the papers are complete, a civil deputy delivers the documents to the person named on the paper, or if the law allows, to a responsible party.

Service Fees:

Generally, there is a fee charged to process and serve civil papers.  State law or county ordinance sets the fee that is charged for our services.  Checks or Money Orders for fees should be made payable to Crook County Sheriff’s Office or CCSO.

Fee Schedule.... details

Different Divisions:

Records    |    Evidence & Property    |    Impounded vehicles    |    Finger Prints    |    Concealed Handgun license

Frequently Asked Questions

Q:  What is the eviction process?
A:  Click the link for information on the proper eviction process:  FED Service Process.

Q: How long before my papers are served?
A: It depends on the type of paper and on the volume of active papers.  Some papers are higher priorities than others.  We will make attempt(s) until papers are served, or until we can show the person is not servable, or the date on the paper(s) expires.

Q: Will I be refunded any money it my papers are not served?
A: No.  Fees paid to the Sheriff are for processing and attempting service.  In almost all instances several attempts are made at different times/days if the respondent is not contacted on the first attempt.

For Legal Advice, Contact an Attorney. 
By law, the Civil Section is not permitted to give legal advice.  Please consult an attorney for legal guidance.  You may also wish to contact the Oregon State Bar at 503-684-3763.

Copyright © 2019 by Crook County